It is important that you read all the terms and conditions carefully.
ARBITRATION NOTICE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
- You must be at least 18 years old, or have parental permission to use the site and its services.
- You agree that you are the credit card holder for your account, or have express permission of the cardholder to use their card as a payment method.
- You agree to provide accurate and up-to-date essential personal information, and agree to maintain said information on your "My Account" page.
- The speakthewordaudio.com service is available internationally.
Copyright Laws and Intellectual Property Rights
Content from speakthewordaudio.com may be used and played for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, transfer, distribute, sell, broadcast, make available to third parties or circulate the content to anyone or to exploit any such content for commercial or non-commercial purposes without the express prior written consent of speakthewordaudio.com. Any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools is prohibited.
Speak the word audio Subscription members agree to pay a recurring monthly fee, permitting us to charge membership dues and any applicable tax, until the account is cancelled online or by phone. Membership dues, including promotional pricing and limited time offers, are subject to change at a pre-specified time, or at speakthewordaudio.com's discretion.
Pre-Authorization Charge on Sign-Up
There are no pre-authorization charge or sign-up fee.
Promotional Free Trials, Corporate Gifts and Limited Time Offers
In the case of a promotional free trial (via an affiliate, corporate gift card, or promo code) your subscription will automatically renew and your credit card will be charged on the day after your trial expires. You must cancel before the end of your free trial if you do not wish to be billed. The day your account is activated is considered day one of your free trial.
Membership dues, including promotional pricing and limited time offers, are subject to change at a pre-specified time, or at speakthewordaudio.com's discretion.
Free trials will only be offered once to any individual or household. Some promotions and offers may only be available to new subscribers creating an (speakthewordaudio.com) account for the first time.
Speakthewordaudio.com Plan Terms
speakthewordaudio.com members agree to pay a recurring monthly fee by credit card, permitting us to charge membership dues and any applicable tax, until the account is cancelled online or by phone. Membership fees, including promotional pricing and limited time offers, are subject to change at a pre-specified time, or at speakthewordaudio.com's discretion.
- 1, 2, and 3 Book Membership Plans: The 1, 2, and 3 Book Membership Plans receive credits that may be used to purchase speakthewordaudio.com content. The 1, 2, and 3 Book Membership Plans are subject to the following terms:
- Rollover: 1, 2, and 3 Book Members are allowed to rollover unused credits each month however, monthly subscription credits will expire 6 months after they have been issued by speakthewordaudio.com and any additional credits purchased will also expire 6 months after purchase.
- Cancellation of speakthewordaudio.com Plans
To cancel your subscription, please visit the My Account section of the website while you're logged in or contact our Customer Service Team. Cancellations are immediate upon confirmation.
Upon cancellation, all purchased content will remain in your My Library but all speakthewordaudio.com VIP Rewards program books will be removed from your account. If you are the primary account holder of a family plan, upon cancellation all purchased content will be removed from your family members’ accounts.
Speakthewordaudio.com grants refunds at our sole discretion. We do not offer refunds on any subscription charges.
If you stream an audiobook and find its content faulty, please contact our Customer Service Team. If the file is determined to be flawed, we will replace the file. If the file is determined to be sound and the problem has occurred on the user end, we will attempt to help resolve the problem.
Subscriptions purchased as gifts ("Gift Subscriptions") will be presented to the recipient in the form of a gift code redeemable for the Gift Membership. Gift codes for Gift Subscriptions must be redeemed at speakthewordaudio.com and may be used only for speakthewordaudio.com memberships. Prior to being redeemed by a recipient, gift codes for Gift Subscriptions do not expire and are not subject to any dormancy fee or other fees for non-use. Gift Subscription recipients must have or open an speakthewordaudio.com account to redeem the gift code for a Gift Subscription. To view Gift Subscription balances and status, gift members should visit their "My Account" section of the speakthewordaudio.com site. Speakthewordaudio.com may, in its discretion, advise the purchaser when the Gift Subscription has been redeemed by the recipient.
- Gift codes for Gift Subscriptions cannot be used to purchase other Gift Subscriptions or a la carte audio content.
- Promo Codes are only valid for one-time use.
- Gift codes for Gift Subscriptions cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other speakthewordaudio.com account, except where required by law. Gift Subscriptions may not be transferred.
- Resale of a Promo Code or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited.
Promotional codes ("Promo Codes") are for promotional use only and are void where prohibited by law. Promo Codes must be redeemed at speakthewordaudio.com and are only redeemable for the promotion outlined in the promotional offer (which may include discounts on speakthewordaudio.com trial offers, subscriptions or audiobook purchases). Promo Codes expire as indicated on the terms transmitted with the Promo Code. Promo Codes may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented with the Promo Code. Promo Codes recipients must have or open a speakthewordaudio.com account to redeem Promo Codes.
- Risk of Loss
The risk of loss and title for Gift or Promo Codes for Gift Subscriptions and a la carte purchases pass to the purchaser upon speakthewordaudio.com's electronic transmission to the purchaser or recipient, whichever is applicable. Speakthewordaudio.com is not responsible if a Gift or Promo Code for a speakthewordaudio.com Gift Subscription or a la carte purchase is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
Speakthewordaudio.com will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift or Promo Code is redeemed and/or exchanged for products and services on the site.
- Limitation on Liability
Speakthewordaudio.com disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to Gift Subscriptions and Promotional Codes, including, without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event a Gift Subscription or Promotional Code is non-functional, your sole remedy, and our sole liability, shall be the replacement of such Gift Subscription or Promotional Code. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
- Arbitration Agreement
Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with us and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to the speakthewordaudio.com website or using speakthewordaudio.com services or products, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify; and (2) you or speakthewordaudio.com may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents).
- Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to (a) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement and (b) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and speakthewordaudio.com. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND SPEAKTHEWORDAUDIO.COM HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and speakthewordaudio.com are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
- 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to speak the word audio either via mail to email@example.com or in person, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your company username (if any), the email address you used to set up your company account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with speakthewordaudio.com.
- Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if speakthewordaudio.com makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30 days of such change becoming effective by writing speakthewordaudio.com at firstname.lastname@example.org
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Prohibitions and Restrictions
You may only use the services for your own individual, personal and noncommercial purposes and you agree that you will not:
- Use the speakthewordaudio.com service or its content to reproduce copyrighted materials
- Copy, store, edit, change, prepare any derivative work of or alter in any way the speakthewordaudio.com service or its content
- Auto-scrape the speakthewordaudio.com website
- Download content by means other than the speakthewordaudio.com proprietary software
- Make the speakthewordaudio.com service or its content available over a network (other than speakthewordaudio.com's network) where it could be used by others
- Provide your password to any other person
- Share audio content with another person
- Translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on content available through Speakthewordaudio.com, or any portion of them for your own personal or commercial use, except as expressly allowed under applicable law
- Rent, lease or sublicense, sell, transfer, distribute or publicly perform the speakthewordaudio.com content in any manner and you will not exploit it commercially
- Improperly interact with Customer Service employees over email, telephone or in-app live chat; these include but are not limited to: verbal or written harassment, sexual solicitation, uttering threats
- Use the speakthewordaudio.com services in any way that violates the terms of this Agreement
Privacy and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. We will not sell or distribute your email address to a third party.
- Limitations on Liability
We make no representations or warranties of any kind on the speakthewordaudio.com service, web site and site content. In no event will we be liable to you for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind. Speakthewordaudio.com is not responsible for any outside charges that may be incurred while using our service. This includes, but is not limited to, NSF charges for automatic withdrawals, foreign transaction fees, or any other charge that is not processed directly by speakthewordaudio.com.
- Purchases of Speakthewordaudio.com Content
When you purchase speakthewordaudio.com content, speakthewordaudio.com grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download or stream speakthewordaudio.com content to your device(s) solely for your personal non- commercial use. You will not sell, transfer, lease, modify, distribute or publicly perform the speakthewordaudio.com content in any manner and you will not exploit it commercially. You agree to not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the speakthewordaudio.com content, or modify the speakthewordaudio.com content or create any derivative works therefrom. The license to the Speakthewordaudio.com content you purchased will continue for as long as your copy of speakthewordaudio.com content exists pursuant to these speakthewordaudio.com Purchase Terms and Conditions.
With respect to all "A La Carte" purchases, except where noted otherwise, any list price displayed represents the full retail price listed on the speakthewordaudio.com content itself, as determined by speakthewordaudio.com, or as suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. Prices of all Speakthewordaudio.com content are subject to change at any time in Speakthewordaudio.com's sole discretion. All such pricing changes will be posted to the Speakthewordaudio.com site.
You bear all risk of loss for completing the download of Speakthewordaudio.com content after purchase, once we have made such content available to you (in your "My Books" area or otherwise) and for any loss of Speakthewordaudio.com content you have downloaded, including any loss due to a file corruption or a computer or hard drive crash. Purchased Speakthewordaudio.com content will generally continue to be available in your "My Books," but may become unavailable due to potential content provider licensing restrictions or other reasons and Speakthewordaudio.com will not be liable to you if Speakthewordaudio.com content becomes unavailable for further download.
- Audiobook Reviews Policy
We encourage all of our customers to write a review of their recent listens. In order to keep discussions respectful and to guard against spam and abuse, our team evaluates every review. We have zero tolerance for any reviews that are deemed threatening or offensive in any way (e.g. sexist, racist, profane, graphic, violent, derogatory, defamatory, etc.). We will also remove reviews that are not pertinent to the audiobook at hand or serve merely as non-constructive insults to authors, narrators, or Speakthewordaudio.com. Our intention is never to censor opinions, but inappropriate or non-constructive reviews will be removed at the sole discretion of the Speakthewordaudio.com team. If your review is approved, it will appear live on the Speakthewordaudio.com website and app within three (3) business days.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be notified within one (1) business day of drawing. In the event the Winners do not respond to Sponsor’s notification or do not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected at Speakthewordaudio.com's sole discretion. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor may use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Contest. List of Winner(s): For the name(s) of the Winner(s), send an e-mail to email@example.com within one (1) month from the Winner notification date as specified above.
4. PRIZES: Once Winner(s) have been selected, they will be awarded Speakthewordaudio.com credits as described in Section (2) and may use these credits for any eligible titles in the Speakthewordaudio.com library. Due to publisher restrictions, not all audiobooks in the Speakthewordaudio.com library are available to winners in all regions.
5. ENTRIES: Each submission provides one (1) entry per person for Contest. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the account or email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the account or email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning accounts or email addresses for the domain associated with the submission.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Candidates are to be 18 years and above to be eligible.
- Audiobook Month Prize Pack Contest Conditions
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning May 10, 2021 9:00 AM (GMT) through May 28, 2021 11:59 PM (GMT), enter the Contest. Valid submissions must include an email address. Participants are automatically entered into a random draw for a prize pack. The grand prize includes a Makarios 60 set available on the speakthewordaudio.com site, and a speakthewordaudio.com t-shirt. Winner Selection: The Winner will be selected on or after July 1, 2019 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. In the event the Sponsor does not receive any eligible entries, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the Contest. Drawing will be conducted by Speakthewordaudio.com, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner(s) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries to use Winner’s name for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.